Salmon with zucchini pasta
It is challenging sometimes to maintain a healthy lifestyle during the lockdown, however, the right food and lifestyle improve our immune system considerably. No secret for food coach Marlies, from Eat Good Feel Good, who send us this beautiful and nutritious recipe.
🥑 Good fats from nuts, seeds, fish and avocado contribute to a good immune system. They contain anti-inflammatory cytokines that are necessary for slowing down infections. If infections get too hectic, this will impact our immune system, which makes us more vulnerable to all kind of illnesses and viruses.
Another ingredient Marlies loves to work with are mushrooms, in particular, shiitake – since they benefit our immune system. Add a bit of garlic (and immune system boost & unbeatable taste-maker) and tada – you have yourself a delicious AND immune-boosting recipe.
Let’s have a look.
- zucchini noodles of 1 zucchini
- 250g shiitake or other mushrooms
- 300g salmon
- 100g of small shrimps
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 125g cashew nuts, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 avocado
- 30g basil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 150 ml water
- 3 tbs olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- Drain the cashew nuts and rinse
- Put all ingredients of dressing in a blender and mix until smooth
- Cook the mushrooms in 1 pan in coconut oil
- Use another pan for the salmon
- Add the zucchini noodles with the dressing and the mushrooms. Stir well and let it heat up
- Dress noodles on a plate with the salmon
- Garnish with shrimps, pumpkin seeds and spring onion
- Finish with a dash of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper & salt